Monday, July 2, 2012

The Jubilee

In July, we celebrated the Queen's Diamond Jubilee- complete with English style sandwiches, tea and fascinators (that we made of course!)  To honor her Royal Majesty's birthday the right way, we put no limitations on the ingredients we could use - for her greatness cannot and should not be suppressed by three measly ingredients.  Instead, we prepared a feast so juicy, tasty and elegant that it would have been fit for many queens.   And indeed it was.
Always a lady!

Oh wait...Leah was reading from the "How to be a Lady" handbook giving out pointers!

Our feast!

This party was on a week day night other wise it would have been a high noon tea. 



Close up of my and sheryls creation- proof that I'm really branching out here...only I used the wrong bread.  I couldn't bring myself to buy white bread.  I just couldn't. 

Tara prepares the mother of all chocolate cakes for Leahs birthday!

Sheryl was the special guest star of the night coming in all the way from California for the jubilee

Happy Birthday Leah!  We are so glad we could celebrate with you and love ya to death (by chocolate...get it)




Oh England.....


college roommates- doesn't look like a day has gone by they are the fountain of youth. 

1 comment:

  1. Everyone's hats are ab-fab! What a perfectly proper celebration! This may be one of my favorite supper clubs yet - the food was so yummy-licious. Nicely done all around girlfriends!! When's our next gathering? On to London for the Olympics?

    ReplyDelete